Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cataloging

Every night at bedtime, the girls and I read a bedtime story. Or - if it isn't way past bedtime already (which it usually is) - I'll even let them pick out a few.



But anyways, before we start in on reading our nightly picks there is a little game I always play with the girls; I have them try to guess the copyright year. It might not sound like the most fun game in the world - but they love it. And they always try to make educated guesses.

For example, "I remember that Mom said this one was one of her favorite's when she was a child, so it must be from the nineteens".

Long story short: we have a blast making our guesses each night and seeing who comes in the closest.



Well, the night before last, Alexandra told me that she was working on a 'project'. She is going to catalog each and every book we have by making a list of the titles and copyright date.

"That way, when it's time to see what year it was made, we can look at my list."

Then she went on to tell me that she had decided to organize her catalog of copyrights according to the book's color - because you might remember that our books are on the shelf in rainbow order. (they still are, oh yes they are!)

So that's what she's been up to. Last night I saw her sitting on her bed with a pencil, a paper and a big stack of books - hard at work. Better than staring at the TV, right?

Related Posts with Thumbnails