Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day and a Drum Recital

Mother's Day treated me well. My children spoiled me with their homemade creations. Alexandra even wrote me a book titled, Mom's No Fight Day, because she knows that whenever someone asks me what I want for Mother's Day (or my birthday or Christmas or any other time that I can make it work) I say, "all I want is a no fight day". And that means a day where my children get along blissfully from morn 'til eve. In other words: every mother's dream...





[My mother's day goodies: homemade cards and books and artwork - as well as a copy of To Kill a Mockingbird (which I have been aching to read lately) and a box of See's Candy.]






Elisabeth wanted to give me something too. So she gifted me with a concert on the new drum we bought her in Williamsburg:



LOL....silly girl. Notice how quick she was to get it out of her way? That was to clear a path for her head banging (which I promptly put an end to as soon as I stopped the camera).

But....guess what Elisabeth did yesterday???????

She rolled over. Oh yes she did!!!

Donald, the girls and I were all watching Parking Wars on A&E when I looked over and saw Elisabeth halfway over, going from her back to her stomach. It totally caught me off guard because I haven't seen her roll over in well over a year. Maybe a year and a half??

Anyways, I don't know what prompted her to do it. And we couldn't get her to do it again, but the fact remains that she did it.

Could those stem cells be working in there???

Perhaps, perhaps!

(Dr. K said we could see the effects of them for up to 6 months. Let's hope that yesterday's roll was just a preview of things to come!)
Related Posts with Thumbnails