Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Minimalist

I have a phobia. A phobia of 'stuff'. (Is there a name for that?) Probably, but I just like to refer to myself as a minimalist.

For example, I don't like having a ton of clothes, knick-knacks, kitchen appliances, you name it. When the house, closets, and cupboards start filling up, I start feeling a bit anxious - which explains why I am a regular at the Goodwill donation center.

But there is one exception; I love books. And I never feel overwhelmed by books. We have piles of books all around the house and I welcome them with open arms. I find that there is great value in books. They educate; they entertain; they are beautiful.

So a few times a year Donald will stop at a local antique shop to buy books. We have found that not only do they have a fascinating assortment, but the look of an aged book is simply charming. The day before last Donald went book shopping again. And they were having a sale.

This is what he brought home:






And the total?

$2.00
Related Posts with Thumbnails