Monday, July 11, 2011

A Summer Adventure: Part XV

A Story about Cheese

One day in Florence we popped into a small little restaurant for some lunch (and to escape the heat). My sister, Kristin, ordered a caprese salad (tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella) and had offered me a bite.

"Oh no, I'm fine," I said, and kept eating my lemon ice cream.

A while later she offered one last time,

"Are you sure you don't want to try some?"

"Well....okay," I said.

So I took a bit of that cheese and let me tell you:

It was like I was tasting cheese for the first time. Oh, it was divine!!! In fact, it immediately had me thinking of the children's book, Santa Mouse. There is a line where it talks about a piece of cheese and the mouse said it's 'the kind that makes an angel want to sing'.

Well, let me tell you: this was the most heavenly bite of food I have ever...EVER...eaten.

So naturally I insisted that we go back the next night for dinner. I just had to have more. So we did. And I ordered a caprese salad. And when I ordered, the owner said,

"Wait till you try the mozzarella."

To which we replied, "Oh we have, that's exactly why we came back."

Of course, he was thrilled to hear that we were return customers. He explained that his cheese is delivered fresh from Naples every morning. And then he quickly collected our menus and said that he was going to prepare us a very special dinner.

And he did. Right in front of us, in fact.

It was divine.



[There's that cheese.....mmmmmmm....]




[Tony, preparing our meal.]




[spaghetti carbonara]



{Happy Birthday, Abbey!!}
Related Posts with Thumbnails