Monday, November 28, 2011

Surgery Day: A review in pictures and words


Elisabeth's leg, pre-surgery. Notice how her leg and foot formed one long line? They were stuck like that and her foot couldn't move.


Elisabeth: Why did they wake me up and bring me to the hospital at 6:00 am??? Something fishy is going on...


Fresh out of surgery and still snoozing.



...and then she woke up.


Her brand spankin' new, 'L'-shaped feet.


...dozing off again.


Right hand. Left hand. And a sock monkey for comfort.


Her magical g-tube. You may recall that this little beauty made my
Top-10 Thanksgiving-Thankfuls list.


Coming back to.
"Is this really happening or is it all a nightmare??..."



This little piggy.


Elisabeth had an extremely rough time recovering from surgery. She slept for the better part of the 3 days following the operation and when she did wake up she would moan, groan, and cry in pain (and have a seizure or two...or ten).

But last night she started returning to her old self again. She played with her toys and even smiled! Oh happy day, oh happy day!



p.s. Yesterday I celebrated 2 months since my spinal fusion! And I'm proud to report that I'm feeling better than ever. (But I wonder if the feeling is ever going to return around the incision site? My stomach is still all numb...)
Related Posts with Thumbnails