Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I did it!!!

12 weeks ago today I had an anterior lumbar interbody fusion. And for the past 12 weeks I diligently followed the rules; I wore my brace, I didn't bend over, and (this is the hard one) I didn't picked up Elisabeth. Did you get that? I didn't lift Elisabeth for 12 whole weeks! Do you have any idea how much self-control it takes to be the mother of a child with brain damage - a child who is helpless - a child that has no idea why their mother isn't picking them up - and not lift them? It was torturous I tell you, but I did it! (It was for the greater good Elisabeth, I promise).

So yesterday I went to Spokane for my 12 week post-op appt. I had my fingers crossed the whole way there that the x-ray of my spine would look splendid and that I would once again gain my independence.


"Your spine looks beautiful" was the news they gave me.

Hip hip hooray!!!

All restrictions have been lifted. I am free to be me again!

The first thing I did when I got home was go pick up that [4 year-old] baby of mine. It was the perfect gift. Merry Christmas to me.



{See ya back brace!!}

{Elisabeth was heavier than I remembered!!!}

{or perhaps I'm just weaker :) }

{I'm not done with good news for the week...there's more to come on Friday!!!}
Related Posts with Thumbnails