Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Faces of Withdrawal

Drug addiction is nasty stuff, let me tell you. As I have sat here and watched Elisabeth suffer through inevitable withdrawal symptoms, I can't help but wonder why anyone would ever inflict this upon themselves purposefully?

My advice? Stay away from drugs, people.

I think Elisabeth should be the new poster child for D.A.R.E. with a caption that says,

'Don't let this happen to you!'




As a mother, this is not easy to watch. It's meant some sleepless nights for both Elisabeth and myself.

Dr. G. spoke with me yesterday and suggested that I go to a hotel for the night so that I could actually get some sleep. Then he went on to tell me that Elisabeth was going to crash and she was going to crash hard, there really wasn't an easy way around it - and perhaps I wouldn't want to see it happen.

A nice thought...but he is forgetting one detail...I am her mother.

Abandon her like this?

I don't think so.
Related Posts with Thumbnails