Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pain and Suffering

Sadly, the doctors here at Seattle Children's Hospital are out of ideas. They claim that the shunt is perfect; that it can't be contributing to any of Elisabeth's current issues. And with that, the neurosurgeon's have washed their hands of her. 

I spent a lot of time yesterday in tears - it's the first time I have cried (here). I was sure they would help her - they are ranked in the top ten nation wide, for goodness sakes. But instead they just threw in the towel...it was devastating to me. 

So today we plan to leave. It's time to go somewhere else. Elisabeth needs help. Desperately. I just have to find someone who is brave enough to take on the task of figuring out what's wrong.

Wish us luck.

[A small sample of what's been going on for the past 2 1/2 months. Sometimes for hours and hours and hours on end.]
Related Posts with Thumbnails