Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Centennial Celebration

100 years ago today 
my grandfather, Claude Coats, was born.

January the 17th, 1913.

What a life he lived...what a legacy he left!

ClaudeCoatsandTramp_zps27569567
In this picture Grandpa is working on Lady and the Tramp...with the dog that was the model for Tramp!

ClaudeCoatsMaryBlair_zps9b414d6b
Working on Cinderella with my absolute favorite artist - Mary Blair.

PAB-1_zps2bddcee5
Attending the Song of the South premier in Atlanta, GA, 1946. Claude is third to the left.

ClaudeCoatsWaltDisney-Pirates_zpsdf59564c
 Grandpa Coats with Walt - working on a model of Pirates of the Caribbean.


In honor of his 100th birthday, I invite you to watch Claude Coats: A Centennial Celebration to learn more about his life and career with the Walt Disney Company:


 (My favorite part is when they call my mom 'Disney royalty'....that she is!)



Happy Birthday, Grandpa!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails