Thursday, March 7, 2013

"When the dog bites"

 photo bd3c473c-0db3-4dc2-843e-5bf8e7c7d1ef_zps94265dc5.jpg
Alexandra and one of her 'favorite things'.


 When Alexandra got in the car after school yesterday we had a conversation that went something like this:


Me: How was school?

Alexandra: Terrible! Ms. R was so mean all day. Everyone in my class was almost in tears.

Fast forward a few minutes later...

Alexandra: No one else in my class has amazing parents like I do. I am the only who's parents have had them watch 'The Sound of Music'. Nobody even knows 'My Favorite Things'. During lunch I told all the kids at my table that they should do like the song says and think about their favorite things. It totally works!

Me: So what did you think about? What are your favorite things?

Alexandra: Books, family, church, roast beef, potatoes, and libraries.

It was one of my prouder parenting moments. Not only did she call me an amazing parent because she has seen The Sound of Music, but she took a lesson from that beloved musical and applied it to her life.

And as if that wasn't enough, books were the first thing she thought of!

Be still my heart.
 photo 31f1cb93-95d4-446c-9b4d-668b95ddf1d6_zpsf8604bdd.jpg
Two more of my favorite things.
Related Posts with Thumbnails