Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Giver on the Big Screen!

I have news. Huge news!

My brother Marc informed me yesterday that a movie of The Giver is being made!

Anyone who knows me knows that this my all-time favorite book. This is a book that I can read over and over again and have new thoughts and ideas each time. This is a book that speaks to me. This is a book that I am passionate about.

So...you can imagine how excited I am to see it come to life on the big screen!!

News around the campfire is that they start filming October 7th in South Africa and it is set to release August 15th, 2014.

Here's the cast (in part):

Jonas - Brenton Thwaites (Funny that he is 24 and Jonas is supposed to be 12!)
The Giver - Jeff Bridges
Chief Elder - Meryl Streep
Rosemary - Taylor Swift
Jonas' Mother - Katie Holmes

Oh, I can't wait!!!!

(And I thought I was excited about Saving Mr. Banks!)

And if you haven't read The Giver yet, then please, oh, please....hop to it!
Related Posts with Thumbnails