Monday, January 20, 2014

Living the Dream

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." 
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

  photo 85e2110f-5fc2-4dd3-b6e8-196c05d20dea_zps62b63e2b.jpg

A few days ago I overheard Alexandra telling Elsa a little bit about Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Elsa, a long time ago people like me didn't like people like you - see how your skin is dark and my skin is light? But Martin Luther King made it so we could all be friends."

This year, more than ever before, I feel sincere gratitude for the men and women who fought for equality among mankind. How wonderful to know that due to their bravery and strong conviction, my little Elsa is being raised in a country where she can follow her dreams and reach her fullest potential.
Related Posts with Thumbnails