Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Lisa's Finishing School Part 4

 photo 8dc605ee-fc2a-43bd-a6e1-d1ceba5f7fc5_zpsa690dea7.jpg

On Saturday afternoon the children and I (plus two favorite friends) went to listen to the Mid-Columbia Mastersingers perform. It was a true treat for me as choral music is my absolute favorite - like a delicious feast for my ears. Honestly, I can't get enough of it - especially a group as well trained and rehearsed as the Mastersingers. Saturday's performance was purely a cappella and featured music by Carlo Gesualdo as well as local composer, Reginald Unterseher. 

Up next: The girls (minus Elsa) will be attending a performance of Shostakovich's Symphony #1 this Saturday. In preparation for the concert, we have downloaded the music and will spend the remainder of the week listening to it as we eat breakfast, do homework, drive around town, etc. If there is one thing I have learned over the years, it is that music is more enjoyable when it is familiar. So my plan is for the girls to know Symphony #1 inside and out before the downbeat on Saturday night. 
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails