Sunday, October 18, 2015

The Littlest Patron


 photo IMG_20151017_121853_zpsmk8n5rwy.jpg 

Later today I will be performing Schubert's Trout Quintet. I am honored to be a part of such a talented group of musicians and I feel fortunate to be able to use my musical abilities to bring treasured pieces of music, like the Trout, to life. 

Yesterday was our dress rehearsal. As I was preparing to leave I considered my options with Elisabeth. A) leave her home where she would most likely lay on the couch and listen to the everyday hubbub of home life. Or B) take her with me and enrich her little world with some of the best music ever written.

The choice was easy. 

I parked her down in front of the stage and she sat contentedly and listened while we rehearsed for two hours. 

It made me immensely happy to see her directly in front of me, her small body sitting in an auditorium of empty chairs, a private concert for our littlest - and most special - patron.

If you live locally, please consider coming to the performance this afternoon.
Details below:

http://www.midcolumbiasymphony.org/img/Chamber-Concert-October18.jpg
Related Posts with Thumbnails