Monday, January 21, 2008

Gilmore Girls

Gilmore Girls, my favorite show of all time. I had to be it's number one fan....I mean, come on, I named my child after it (yes and 2 dogs have Gilmore inspired names). This show used to be the highlight of my week. I planned NO activities on Tuesday nights and would not accept any phone calls during 8:00-9:00. And let me tell you how thrilled I was when, back in October of 2004, they decided to induce labor on a Tuesday morning. My goal was to deliver the baby by 8:00 in the evening and watch Gilmore Girls with my very own little "Lorelai".

It gave me 7 glorious seasons which (of course) I now own on DVD. And since Hollywood has decided to be stubborn and pull all the new programming, I'm going back to something I love. Donald and I have decided to start at the beginning. Episode one, season one aired this past Friday at our house. It was so exciting to reunite with it all. I love their town, Stars Hollow, and how it seems to be straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting. I love the cast, with their brilliant and quick banter between each other. I love the innocence of the story and how it stayed away (well, until the last 2 seasons and new writers) from the usual garbage that is found on TV. So I'm going back to it all.....and I say "go ahead and strike Hollywood!". Oh yes, and no phone calls please.



Related Posts with Thumbnails