Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Salad a Day

I really enjoy a fresh, crisp salad....but I found it too big of a nuisance to cut a tomato, boil and slice an egg, grate some cheese, and open a WHOLE can of olives, just for my lunch. So I decided to go bulk. I prepared LOTS of the above mentioned salad toppings (all my favorites) and put them in separate containers in the refrigerator. My own mini salad bar. I can have a gourmet salad ready to go in less than a minute every day! Never mind the fact that this encourages me to sit down and eat a healthy lunch rather than snacking on whatever's in the pantry.


The only problem left is finding the perfect ranch dressing. I LOVE Red Robin's....but they told me that they make their own and I'm not sure I am quite that ambitious. Let me know if you have any suggestions and in the mean time I will continue my search through the supermarket stock of salad dressings!
Related Posts with Thumbnails