Friday, January 25, 2008

Hats

Elisabeth's pediatrician asked me once if I constantly have people asking what her shunt is. Unfortunately I had to tell her that it was the opposite. If I have Elisabeth out in public people won't say a word about her. I can understand...the shunt is a little odd looking and if you didn't know what it was you might feel uncomfortable asking. So people act as if there is no baby there all together. A little sad for a Mommy who is so PROUD of her little girl. My solution? Hats. If I put a hat on her she gets all the oohs and aahs that every little baby deserves. Needless to say, we have a large hat collection. All shapes, styles, colors (well, maybe not colors - we gravitate towards pink).

A few days ago I decided to do a photo shoot of her hat collection. Mostly for my mom who has bought her many but never gets to see her wear them because she lives so far away.











This one is a souvenir from her trip to Duke University.








This one recently arrived in the mail from my mom in California.





Now for a few that she still needs to grow into:



















Related Posts with Thumbnails