Monday, February 18, 2008

My Twin

Not long ago I read this girls post about her name-alike. I did as she recommended and tried to discover my own name twin out there somewhere, but my search resulted in nothing interesting other than some white pages listings. Oh well, I'm just unique...or so I thought.

A few days ago in my store I had a customer who turned out to be.....drumroll......my ear-alike!!!! Now you may be asking yourself, what is an ear-alike?? Remember this? It turns out it isn't a title I hold all by myself.

The next question that you are all asking is probably how in the world did the topic come up? I certainly don't walk around with my ear folded up as an advertisement of my "amazing" talents. Here is how the story goes: This gentleman was pushing a stroller with his 1 year old daughter who happened to be tugging on her ear. My co-worker turned to me and said, "hey, she's going to be just like you", and then told this couple how I have very flexible ears. Then the wife tells us that her husband can fold his ear up in a ball...and he did....and it was in the exact same way that I do! Strange. We then discussed the history of our bizarre ear habits. His story was the same as mine. As infants and then young children we would suck the right thumb and use the left hand to tug on the left ear. He, like myself, says it's a habit he can't break (the ear habit that is, thankfully neither of us continue to suck our thumb!).

I thought this was a most strange encounter. I never, ever, would have guessed that I would find my "ear-alike". What are the chances that two people who share the same "gift", would live in the same town, and would meet eachother and have the topic come up????? One in a million...one in two million....oh goodness, I would have said impossible...but it happened...and I had to share.

On another note, I am looking forward to having my husband home for the day! Thank you President's Day! My plans are to accomplish a HUGE to-do list while he entertains the children. Enjoy your Monday!
Related Posts with Thumbnails