Monday, November 10, 2008

He's For Real



This past Saturday morning I was having one of those rare moments where I felt defeated, overwhelmed, and under appreciated. So much to do, so little time. It was 8:30 am. I shared my woes with Donald, cheered up, and headed out the door to work.

When I got home later that day Donald handed me a paper. This is what it said:

Saturday To-Do List
  • Make Beds - check
  • Master Bathroom - check
  • Girls Bathroom - check
  • Clean kitchen -check
  • Iron All Clothes - check
  • Put Away Clothes - check
  • Re-arrange closet - check
Keep in mind that I did not make this list. Donald did....he had been working non-stop since the moment I left. And not only was he busy with all the above mentioned house work, but he was tending to the children as well.

So I read through the list (the whole time enjoying the lovely smell of a freshly sanitized home) and got to the bottom.

"Re-arrange closet??? What one??" I ask.
"Follow me" he replied.

We walked to our bedroom, through the master bath, and into our walk-in closet. He completely gave it a makeover!!! Apparently he had an idea to use the space more efficiently. By moving the chest of drawers to a different wall and re-arranging the clothes our closet became roomier and more functional. Brilliant.

So with the housework in order, the afternoon was free. Donald accompanied me on a few errands. We went to the market and bought some french bread (my latest addiction) along with a few other items. Then he treated me and the girls to dinner at Chico's Taco's. Yum.

Yep...he's for real. Lucky me.


***My sister-in-law, Heidi, just started up a blog. Go check it out and give her a warm "hello". Just click here.


Related Posts with Thumbnails