Saturday, May 16, 2009

Camping, Books, Picnics and Concerts

What a dreamy weekend it's been thus far. It started last night when Donald took the older children out camping for the first time. Elisabeth and I stayed in for the evening; she's not quite ready for camping yet. Once she was tucked into bed I took advantage of an empty (and quiet) house. I cleaned, organized, and even balanced the checkbook.

Donald and the girls got home in the late morning. I was pleased to hear that they had the time of their lives! Alexandra proudly showed off her new stick collection and Lorelai displayed a large assortment of seashells that she had gathered along the riverbank.



After getting everyone showered so that the smell of campfire wasn't quite so strong, we headed out to the library. I have been craving a good mystery story lately and decided on an Agatha Christy book. Alexandra and Lorelai brought their library cards along and each picked out a few. Of course the most fun of all (in the minds of 4 and 6 years olds) is the self check out. Who knew scanning bar codes could be such fun?

Next it was on to Donald's company picnic. We chowed down on hot dogs and hamburgers while enjoying music and sunshine. Once our lunch settled we took a walk along the river and let the children play at the playground.

And in case you aren't busy later, let me remind you that I will be performing with the Mid-Columbia Mastersingers tonight at the Battelle Auditorium ~ 8:00 sharp. Also, there is an art show in the lobby preceding the concert and I will be providing live entertainment as part of a quartet. Be there....or be square.

Once I make it home I plan on staying up late, eating ice cream, and watching movies with Donald.

Like I said....what a dreamy weekend.
Related Posts with Thumbnails