Thursday, October 1, 2009

Birthday Countdown


We love birthdays at our house...we really do. So during FHE this week the girls made birthday chains to help count down the days. Alexandra's isn't too long (her birthday is this weekend), but Lorelai's is quite lengthy (18 links left to be exact). Each morning they will delicately tear one off until their big day arrives. Excitement is brewing as these chains get shorter and shorter!

Also, look carefully at the photo, it provides a [very small] sneak peek into Lorelai and Elisabeth's new room. It's nearing completion and I'll have pictures up when it's officially done.

And finally, Happy October! This is my favorite month by far. Why you ask? Let me tell you:

  • October is the month in which two of my babies were born (Elisabeth was due in October too.....but we had to deliver her a few weeks early for obvious reasons).
  • October means the leaves turn to yellow and orange and I get to watch them dance around the street in the blustery wind.
  • October is the month where the temperatures begin to cool.
  • Cooler temperatures leave me wanting to get all cozy indoors.
  • Being cozy indoors usually means baking. I love the warmth that comes from the oven and the smells of baking breads.
  • October is when we go pick out pumpkins to decorate our front porch.
  • October means Halloween!

Yes, October is the month that I wait all year for. I'll be sure to enjoy each and every one of the next 31 days....

You do the same.

Related Posts with Thumbnails