Monday, April 26, 2010

3 years ago...

Most days are ordinary. We go through the usual routines; school, work, play, and family responsibilities. We think, we believe, and we pursue dreams. Sometimes we celebrate, sometimes we mourn. There are times when we succeed, and others when we fail. Most days are filled with a wide spectrum of experiences and emotions that make up life, but they are still somewhat ordinary.

There are however, in every person's life, a few days where [personal] history is made; a handful of days that hold events so significant, so profound, that they alter the course of a life forever.

In my own life I can count but 6 of these days. 6 days out of 30 years.

This past Saturday marked the 3rd anniversary of one of those days for me. April 24, 2007. It was the day that Elisabeth was diagnosed with hydrocephalus.

I have shared my feelings from that day before, so I will not write them again here, but I do wish to express my gratitude for all that I have experienced in these past 3 years. On that day I was forced to face my fears, and what I have since learned is that there is nothing to fear at all.

Life will be unexpected. Life will be challenging. But life can also be rewarding.

We must take the trials we are given and turn them into opportunities; we must look at the challenges that lie before us and find the beauty.

3 years ago my life changed, and I am grateful.

Photobucket

[Portrait by Jon Ball]


My thoughts on the....

1 year anniversary.

2 year anniversary.
Related Posts with Thumbnails