Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Miss Food

I am still thinking fondly back to my final feast one week ago today. Our big backyard BBQ with burgers and watermelon.....mmmm.....I miss that; I miss food.

I was so completely naive to think that getting my wisdom teeth extracted wouldn't be that big of a deal. But I figured, 'eh...the c-section with Elisabeth was nothing, how bad could this be???'

Let me tell you.

Bad.

So, so bad.

My mouth is still incredibly sore and tender and I won't dare eat anything that isn't soft. Pretty much I've been living off of soup and Carnation Instant Breakfasts. Which isn't all that bad, but I want something to crunch, ya know?

But, as horrible as it was, there were a few perks to this whole experience and I mustn't let all the negative cover them up.

The silver lining is as follows:

> I spent all of last weekend in sweatpants. Why don't we all live in sweatpants, all the time? They are seriously comfortable.

> Eating no food (of substance) means that my weight has been dropping like crazy. This is most definitely a good thing. Maybe there's something to this not-eating-24/7 business (like I usually do).

> I sat. I sat in the recliner for 3 days. I rarely just sit. I am a busy body who is always doing something. Sitting is good. Especially in a recliner.

> I read. It's been a long while since I've read anything. Probably because I never sit long enough to get lost in a good book. But I think I'm going to change my ways. Reading is so enjoyable. I'm glad that I remember that now.

> I got caught up on all the 200 some-odd episodes of Say Yes to the Dress that my DVR has been recording for me. Well, probably not 200 episodes, but it seems like it. Love that show.

And now for a picture that I debated posting. Strongly, strongly debated. But finally I figured, 'why not?'.

Here is me:
At. My. Worst.

Photobucket

Sorry if that scares you. It scares me for sure.
Yikes.
Related Posts with Thumbnails