Thursday, September 8, 2011

Crippled

My body is deteriorating quickly; my back is crooked like the Leaning Tower of Pisa, I can't stand up straight, and I look something like Quasimodo when I walk.

A few days ago I heard Donald say to Elisabeth (who has a severely hunched back),

"Elisabeth, I think your back is getting worse by the day."

To which I said,

"Ya, me and her both."

To which Donald replied,

"You two are connected like E.T. and Elliott."

At which point I busted up laughing.

By the way...yesterday morning I was worse than ever; I could barely hobble around. So my sister, Jennifer, bought me a cane - and I have to admit, it helps. But my poor children were horrified when they saw me.

"You can't have a cane!!" they cried. "You're not old!"

And then they spent the rest of the afternoon playing with it.



It's pretty, no?
I mean, if you have to walk with a cane, you might as well do it in style.

Related Posts with Thumbnails