Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The First Day (take two)

Elisabeth made her triumphant return to the Keewaydin Discovery Center yesterday (a preschool offered by our school district for children with developmental delays.)

And...she missed the bus.

Poo.

In my defense, the school bus arrived a good 40 minutes earlier than it did last year and I wasn't quite ready for that (and neither was Elisabeth who was still enjoying her late morning nap).

So I drove her to school - which seemed appropriate for the first day anyways - and boy, oh boy was Elisabeth glad to go back. To be honest with you, I think she's been a teensy bit bored lately. I mean, she can't move, she can't talk, she can't eat, she can't hardly see, and to make things worse she has a [temporarily] crippled mother who can't lift her. Which means Elisabeth has been spending a lot of time on her little blanket in the family room. And - like I said - I think she's gotten bored.

So, welcome, new school year!


["Hmmm.....it's not like Mama to wake me from a nap. Something special must be going on..."]




[No new back-to-school shoes for this little one. These feet don't require shoes :)]
Related Posts with Thumbnails