Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Post-op: Day 1

I don't have a camera with me. So until I go home my posts will have to be picture-less (boring). Sorry about that.

It's strange being all alone here. Donald and Jennifer went back home yesterday so that the children wouldn't miss any more school. But I miss them. I really, really do.

Yesterday was interesting. I am not used to laying around all day, but I never got up, not once. I just stayed in bed, hooked up to a million different things. But they tell me that today they are sending in physical therapists to make me get up and start moving. I am nervous. My stomach is soooo tender right now. And rightfully so. They did open me up and move everything out of the way to access my spine. I hope they put it all back together right. :)

They aren't letting me eat yet. But that's okay. I am sort of afraid to eat. Just like I am afraid to stand up. But I'm going to have to brave it eventually. Maybe I can start off my eating by having one of those See's Candies sitting on my bedside table. Jennifer lovingly hand-picked all my favorites and had them wrapped up in an Autumn themed box. Autumn is my favorite time of the year. In fact, I have the most spectacular view of Spokane from the window next to my bed. And even though I don't see Fall colors yet, it just looks Fall-ish out there. A little crisp and blustery.

And while we are on the subject of things that make me happy, let me say how grateful I am right now. I am grateful to be living in a time of medical advances. Where we have doctors trained to fix things like damaged spines. Just think, if I were living in a different era of history I would have been doomed to remain a cripple forever. But I don't. I live now, and I live here, and I am on the road to recovery. It's all so wonderful!

Wish me luck today with my standing/walking. I'll have to post later and tell you all how it went.

Tootles!
Related Posts with Thumbnails