Friday, September 30, 2011

Post-Op: Day 3

I am so glad for a new day to be here. Yesterday was hard - but I started to feel better once they stopped giving me the pain meds. Those things were seriously messing with my mind.

I feel so tender still. And weak. Yesterday evening I thought I felt a spark of energy - so I used it to take a shower. Let me tell you, it felt divine, but was also completely exhausting. Exhausting with a capital E. But at least I'm clean now.

My new roomie is the best. She is the same age as my mother and also had a spinal fusion at L-4/L-5. But even though we had the same end result it's been interesting to compare notes. For example, my surgeon opted for a single incision on my belly. Hers went through the side and the back. My surgeon insists that I wear a back brace for 6 weeks, while hers doesn't believe in them. Regardless of the differences though, it's been comforting to have someone here to commiserate with me.

Best news of today: Donald is coming. And I am planning on another post-op video to go up later today. So if you want to see my battle scars, check back in later, okay? If that's not your thing then I would suggest you stay far far away from here (it's not too scary though - or maybe I'm just getting used to it.

p.s. Today is picture day at my girls school. I forgot all about it, but Jennifer called last night to remind me.

"How do you want me to do their hair? I can't mess this up, this is epic."

"Jennifer, first of all, you can't mess it up, you are one of the best stylists I know. And besides, for years to come I'll always look back at those pictures and remember the time my sister was there for me."

Thank you Jenn!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails