Thursday, September 29, 2011

Post-Op: Day 2, Part 2

Today has been hard. I've felt light-headed and sick. And the meds are messing with my emotions. I have randomly burst into tears so many times. And I feel sort of life-less. Apparently they are going to take me off whatever med this is, but I have to wait for it to work its way out of my system.

I walked the loop around the 8th floor today. It took forever. Forever, forever. It was hard. I felt cold and I was shivering and I barely had the strength to keep going. But Dr. G just called and he insists that I'll get better quicker if I get up more. He also looked at my post-op x-rays and said they look fabulous. Though I already knew they would - Dr. G is a bit of a perfectionist.

The best part of the day was when my roommate was discharged. She complained about everything; from the food, to the staff, to her neighbors back at home. I have a feeling that she's the type who can always find something to be sour about. (and just so you know, she said she will NEVER come to this hospital again. NEVER.)

Okay, enough about her. Because my new roommate is soft and quiet and doesn't complain when her food arrives 5 minutes late. She and I are going to get along just fine.

Back to sleep for me now...
Related Posts with Thumbnails