Friday, September 23, 2011

Sisterhood


[Me, Jennifer, and Kristin. I never thought we looked much alike, but in this picture, I see it. We definitely look like sisters!]

I consider myself lucky on many accounts, one of them being that I have two sisters. My younger sister, Jennifer, is only two years apart from me in age. We shared everything growing up; from a bedroom to friends to a darling green shirt with 3/4 length sleeves (it still fits her). But my older sister, Kristin, graduated from high school when I was only seven years old. And while I was still at home playing with Barbie's and studying the violin, she was off exploring life. She went to college and earned a degree; she served a mission in Estonia; she got married; she started a family.

This past summer I had the opportunity to travel to Europe with both of my sisters. Those 8 days in Italy were amongst the best I've ever experienced. We laughed and laughed; we immersed ourselves in a different culture; we people watched; we ate gelato at 1:00 AM; we perused museums; we rode bikes through Rome; we traveled by train through the countryside of Tuscany.

It was magical.

But the best part of all was that I felt like we got to make up for lost time; all those years of my childhood where Kristin was already off living life while I was still working on growing up.


Happy Birthday Kristin!

You'll never know just how much I look up to you.
You are amazing.

Love, Lisa



p.s.
Please stop by tomorrow for a special weekend-edition post!! You don't want to miss it!!

p.p.s
I seem to do a lot of p.s.'s lately. Too much to say, I suppose.
Related Posts with Thumbnails