Saturday, August 23, 2014

Elsa, meet Elsa.

Elsa moved here a week before Frozen was released into theaters. Talk about perfect timing! She has enjoyed every second of the Frozen craze that has taken over America.

When we were planning our trip to Disneyland I kept telling Elsa, "You're going to meet the real Elsa!"

Oh, she was giddy with excitement! I was too...until I learned that the line to meet her and Anna was 3+ hours long.

Wha??????

So finally, on our last day at the park, Elisabeth and I took one for the team and got in line. The plan was for us to hold a place while Donald and the other girls went on rides (Elisabeth's magical E-ticket pass didn't work for this). However, because Elisabeth's wheelchair wouldn't fit through the queue, they let me sit at a shaded table off to the side to wait it out. That was a stroke of luck!

And then - at long last - the moment came:

"Elsa, I'd like you to meet Elsa."

 photo bbacd7fd-ea6e-47ce-8c1b-93772eeeddc1_zps2c855659.jpg  photo 5d3c6bdc-4178-4477-b912-abe0cdbdebf2_zps55ef8e57.jpg

And that, my friends, is how you do that!


Another highlight of the day: front row seats at the parade. 

 photo 2998ef88-055d-471d-bf7d-ec376a83d69b_zps9816f10e.jpg 

As soon as Simba went by I thought about a blog post I wrote nearly four years ago. 
It's worth a read. I promise. (Click here.)


Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.
Related Posts with Thumbnails