Thursday, September 29, 2011

Exciting times in room 855

Well, I made a huge stride forward last night. I walked to the bathroom. And I didn't even cry.

I am hoping they don't send me home today. I do want to go home, but I just don't feel ready. I feel so vulnerable still...like something could go wrong at any minute and I don't want to be too far from Dr. G and Dr. M if something takes a turn for the worse.

Let's see, what other exciting things are happening in room 855:


  • I ate some mashed potatoes for dinner.

  • My blood pressure is dangerously low.

  • I got a new roommate and I wish the old one was still here. All this woman has done for the past 18 hours is complain. And she knows it too. At one point I heard her whisper to whoever was visiting her, "I feel sorry for the lady next to me, she probably thinks I'm a whiny b***h." Well...I wouldn't have chosen those words but...

  • I have a snazzy new back brace. It's going to be my friend for the next 6 weeks.

  • I got brave and looked at the incision site. Yikes. It's just below my belly button and to the left. About 3 or 4 inches in length. And completely black and blue.

  • I spend all the moments that I am not asleep (which isn't many) playing Words with Friends. So thank you to all my Words with Friends friends for keeping me entertained. You're the best!

Tootles!

Related Posts with Thumbnails