Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Small and Simple Things + Lisa's Finishing School Part 8

This past weekend the girls and I went and saw a ballet production of Hansel and Gretel. Oh, how I loved it! I think ballet is one of the most beautiful art forms. When the girls were young I enrolled them in ballet - in fact, they did ballet for years and years. I had high hopes of having a prima ballerina in this house, but alas, it just wasn't meant to be. But maybe Elsa??

***
Enrichment for Elisabeth

As I have pondered ways to enrich Elisabeth's life I remembered back to when she was a new baby. At that time we had just come to know of her vision impairment and I decided to fill her little world with music; to paint pictures in her mind through notes rather than visual art. Every day I would lay her on a blanket next to the piano and play for her. Somewhere along the way I got distracted from our little ritual (life does that sometimes) and it became somewhat forgotten.

So this week I've returned to our old tradition. Instead of a blanket, I take her beanbag into the parlor and the nestle her into it. Then I play piano and sing to my angelic little girl. It's a small thing, a simple thing, but by small and simple things are great things brought to pass...

   photo 26dd1e17-fbfe-4bb7-9aea-954a180f904b_zps405807c7.jpg 

Music in the Parlor

 photo 68a2f9f6-918b-4239-9286-c79188f1bf43_zpscf51724d.jpg
Related Posts with Thumbnails