Wednesday, September 16, 2015

#keepongrowing

 photo IMG_20150913_163520_zpsrhbf5exm.jpg

I've noticed a trend lately, people posting pictures of their children and using hashtags like,

#stopgrowing

#freezetime

#growingtoofast


And when I read those hashtags or other like-minded ones I think,  

'What? Why would you want that?" 

I love sitting in a moment - like the one pictured above - and soaking it right up, thinking, 'This is life right here and right now,' but I would never want to stay in it forever...the journey is too fun! Watching my children grow and discover who they are and what they are capable of is extremely rewarding. Indeed, it's the best part of parenting.

The childhood years are quickly slipping away. I thought I would mourn the loss, but on the contrary, I find myself simply grateful to witness it and ever so excited to see what the future holds.

So I say...

#keepongrowing

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails